25 April 2012

My week, with Instagram


As I am getting older I am realising just how much time does really fly and there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop it. They key, as I am finding out, is to discover ways instead to slow it down. So how exactly do you slow life down? Well frankly, your guess and suggestions are as good as mine, but one thing I am finding that is helping is when I stop for moments during the day to find beauty in the small stuff. Seeing the reflection of the sun, the love between two strangers, the smell of freshly ground coffee, the sunrise as we drive home from morning exercise - it all makes me live in a moment and appreciate where I am  at this exact time in the world. I think it's safe to say we all live incredibly complex lives with 1000 things to do at any one time and brains that never want to switch off. With that in mind I have set out with a new 'thing' to never complain I don't have enough time (after all there are 24 usable hours in every day) and to live more fully and present in each moment. I want to start a new weekly post where I share the lessons learnt or the quotes found that emulate this, and the images I take that sum up some of the moments I found the beauty in.


















17 comments:

  1. So many pictures of the beach :) I'm jealous!

    Please check out my new blog
    161cm.com

    <3joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of recording beautiful moments. I used to record things I was grateful for each day, and the ritual really changed the way I looked at the world, not to mention my general mood. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do such things too. Now in Spring I just can´t stop admiring blossoms in the trees, in Autumn I just love colourful leaves falling to the ground. I like watching birds flying up high or two people in love on my way to school or somewhere else. And nothing compares to the feeling when my boyfriend hugs me and I know that I´m the only one in the world for him. Pitty we´re oceans apart, I´d really like to get to know you in person one day. Have a nice Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a heartwarming post peppered with pearls of wisdom. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great snapshots :)


    http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely <3 Sometimes we do get caught up in so much stuff that it takes a post like this particular one to remind us to stop and smell the roses ^_^

    supernovachick.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Refreshing post! It's important to live in the moment, even though it's easy to forget.

    -Lauren

    http://www.coffeeandcolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sunset, that's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for your sweet comment anna! yes you should definitely have a pair of white jeans, they are perfect for so many different looks and styles! really, you had a public holiday yesterday? What is celebrated on the April 25 in Australia?
    And I'd love to have the beach here too, but well, let's say there are many things closer to munich than the beach...

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. I often want to slow life down and just live in the moment. Luckily the summer is coming our way here and I'll get a lot of time for that with long weekends at the beach house :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. My boyfriend teases me for always taking snapshots with my phone, but some moments are too pretty to miss!

    Enter to win a pair of Fantas-Eyes sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, I love these pics! Especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gazing upon the snapshots, there is so much beauty in your world! The serene ocean - that would make anyone happier. You are so right about finding beauty in the small stuff...I need to do more of that

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful post.

    Amanda x

    www.tattytulip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since my most recent trip to Fiji I've made for of an effort just to return to the simpler life. When I'm on the little island on which we're building our home, I feel so different. I feel like I'm a nicer person. All the changes when I get to the city or back to Australia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is incredibly hard to live in the moments isn't it - there's so many things competing for our attention and such an urge to always be doing something that I often forget to breathe, and just enjoy - particularly here in NYC. I love your list Anna, it's so very inspirational and look forward to reading about your achievements as you make them all happen xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...