10 April 2013

The most insane experience of my life .. Skydiving




I did something incredible on Sunday.

I threw myself out of a plane at 14,000 feet with a professional strapped to my back, fell through the sky for 60 seconds and then released a parachute...

I skydived. 

It was the most remarkable, surreal, insane, exciting experience of my life. 

It was the final piece of my 'letting go' puzzle. I let go. Literally. It was metaphorical and literal for me. The past 3 years has seen me go through transformative growth and 2013 felt like it would be my biggest year. Like everything in my life up until now, lead me to the edge of a cliff where I knew who I was, what I wanted, how I could help, but I just needed to jump and trust that.

& I did. 

There was a moment on the plane, where our time had come, and I had to shuffle to the edge of the open door of the plane, hang over the edge - & let go. 



It was the most scary moment of my life, I had never actually felt fear like that. Ever. But it also turned in to my most powerful moment. 

What did I do? 

I put all my faith in that I would be ok, reminded myself that no reward comes without risk, that somebody had my back (literally) and I jumped. 

I leaped from my metaphorical cliff (but literal plane) and I had the most exhilarating ride and time of my life. 

It wasn't just a skydive experience for me, or another thing to cross off my list, it was a huge life lesson and a new focus of greater power. 

I learnt that if I just trust, dare to dream, take big, huge scary leaps of faith - it will pay off and I might just have the time of my life. 

So here is to 2013. The year of goal achievement, huge risks but bigger rewards and beautiful, powerful  wonderful lessons. 





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this wonderful achievement Anna - both physical & spiritual :) Free falling certainly is freeing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna, now that´s a huge thing you did and I just have to admire your inner strength and courage because I would never have courage to jump from a plane. So big congratulation on this! You just rock! ;)
    xx Eve.h

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...